Healthy Lunch Snacks
1) Low Fat yogurt with a sprinkle of granola.
2) Whole wheat pretzels dipped in spicy mustard.
3) Whole wheat wrap stuffed with turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Hold the mayo, your favorite low-calorie dressing will work.
Fresh fruit salad
- Cut up an assortment of fresh fruit and squeeze a bit of lemon juice or grapefruit juice as a natural preservative. A great alternative to chips or sweets.
Nobody Knows More about Healthy Lunch Snacks than Chef Jamie Oliver of the Food Revolution
5) Fresh fruit - Use fruits you can just toss in the lunchbag, like apples, pears, peaches and bananas.
6) Chicken salad or tuna wrap made with low fat mayonnaise, add some shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrots for a filling wrap.
7) Raw veggies like carrots and celery go great with a low-fat ranch dip.
8) You can customize a salad using your favorite
for a lunchtime meal or snack. Remember, Iceberg lettuce is not your only
9) Use pita bread and fill it with vegetables and humus.
10) Make a fruit smoothie with frozen fruit and low fat yogurt. If you have an insulated mug in your
you're good to go.
11) Air-popped popcorn is a great, select, low-sodium popcorn with no butter.
12) Try some dry, low sugar
You can always put them in a sandwich bag. The little ones love this treat.
13) Sunflower seeds - These tasty seeds make a great, on-the-run snack.
14) Fat-free pudding cups - the flavors are plentiful, they are normally solo in 4 pages and can be separated to conveniently fit in any lunch container.
15) Gelatin fruit cups - They can be purhased in the supermarket with your favorite fruits, or you can make your own with gelatin and plenty of fruit.
16) Bran or Banana muffins - You can make your own or pick them up at your favorite bakery.
17) Dried Fruit -
comes in so many varieties from apples to pineapples. My favorite would be banana chips.
18) Applesauce - A simple, healthy snack. Try the no sugar and cinnamon flavor for a healthy change.
19) Cereal Bars - These are not only good for lunch, but anytime of the day, snack for a healthy energy booster.
20) Chocolate-dipped Strawberries - Have a chocolate craving? Dip some strawberries in melted chocolate for a healthy and delicious treat.
21) Cooked Sweet Potato - Cook them, cut them in chunks for a delicious, warm snack.
22) Lettuce Wraps - Take a large leaf of lettuce and fill it with raw veggies, ham or turkey and a little low-fat ranch dressing. Wrap and serve.