Healthy Eating Tips
Following these Healthy Eating Tips will help you develop a Healthy Balanced Diet.
• Drink and cook with fat free milk when possible. Try using soy or organic milk and you will be pleasantly surprised by the taste.
• Drink 100% fruit juices, try to stay away from artificially flavored fruit drinks and ades with all kinds of preservatives.
• Substitute your white breads and pastas with whole grain products. Be careful and read the food labels as the term “whole grains” is being used very loosely.
• Remove the skin from your poultry products before cooking. I always skin my poultry and boy would you be surprised at how much skin and fat you end up throwing away. In my opinion it seems that the poultry is much tastier as the seasonings can be tasted throughout the meat instead of just on the surface.
• I love fried food but try
your meats instead. We all know that out of all of the Healthy Eating Tips this is certainly a no brainer.
• Eat appropriate portions of meat, the average serving of meat should be approximately 4 oz. of meat. They say that you should be able to fit the meat into the palm of your hand. Ok I love steak could I fit my portion of meat in Shaq’s hand?
• Avoid foods which have excess sugar. Sugars hide in unexpected places such as condiment. We should all decrease our sugar intake as it is a
main contributor of diabetes.
Feel Free to Visit Our other Health Related Webpages
Chef Jamie Oliver of the Food Revolution can show you some Healthy Eating Tips
Develop a Healthy Balanced Diet
Childhood Obesity in America
Diabetic Diet Ideas
Teenage Diet Plan
• Avoid foods which have excess sugar. Sugars hide in unexpected places such as condiment. We should all decrease our sugar intake as it is a main contributor of diabetes.
• Drink plenty of fluids especially water to cleanse your system. Herbal teas are good and the single serve drink mixes when added to water are usually 5 calories or less.
• Unrefined fats such as nuts, soy, and alvacado are a great addition to any meal.
• Use natural herbs or other flavorful
to replace salt and other high sodium seasonings.
We hope that these Healthy Eating Tips will help keep your Family Healthy.