Develop a Balanced Healthy Diet for You and Yours
A balanced healthy diet doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to get rid of
, fast food
and snacks. The success lies on how well you plan Your balanced healthy diet.
When developing a balanced diet, you have to consider a lot of factors. Here's some information that you need to know in order for you to develop the right balanced diet that you need.
* Plan the meals and foods that you are going to eat. Basic knowledge would tell us that if you are on a diet, you would follow a selected meal plan. Make sure your diet contains healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, grains, and legumes. The bulk of calories you consume should make up foods that are high in vitamins, minerals, complex carbohydrates, and fibers. They (the foods) should be low in fat and should not contain too much cholesterol. Also, add some low-fat
* Balance your calorie intake with your ability to burn calories. This simply means that you should not eat more food than what your body needs. Or else, you will end up gaining more weight. If you are active, even if you eat much, you can still maintain this good balance.
* If you feel that you want to eat more, go for the high-fiber foods instead of
fast food and junk foods.
Examples of high fiber foods are beans, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. They are relatively low in calories, nutritious and will give you a feeling of fullness. They are also said to slow down the absorption of carbohydrates.
* Add some orange, yellow, and green fruits and vegetables in your diet. Good examples are carrots, citrus fruits, cantaloupe, and broccoli. They contain antioxidants that help flash away the body’s toxins, aid in fighting free radicals and can protect the body from developing forms of cancer as well as other diseases. Five or more servings a day are needed for you to meet this healthy level.
* Cut down on sweet and sugary foods and refined-grain products. Such products include white bread and snack foods that are salty. Sugar is found in almost all food products. Make sure you don’t take in too much food that is high in sugar for it can highly contribute to weight gain,
and possibly heart disease.
Health Related Informational Webpages
Healthy Eating Tips
Diabetic Diet Ideas
Childhood Obesity Facts
Join Jamie Olivers Food Revolution
Teenage Diet Plan
* Stay away from foods that are rich in saturated fats such as animal fats. These kinds of fats can increase the cholesterol levels in your blood. Not only that, they can also cause dangerous effects on your health. You can go for the healthy way by choosing skinless poultry, non-fat or low-fat
and lean meats.
* Stick to fish and nuts for they contain unsaturated fats that are good for your health. Olive and canola oil can be a good substitute for butter and margarine.
* Choose the foods with lower trans fats. These trans fats are commonly supplied by hydrogenated vegetable oils, which are used by most of the
and processed foods sold in the market.
* Lower your cholesterol intake. If possible, keep it as low as 300 mg per day. Foods that are high in cholesterol are dairy products and animal products such as poultry, meats, and egg yolks.
* Eat foods that are high in calcium. Calcium is needed for stronger bones and teeth. It is best to get calcium from low fat sources such as low fat yogurt and skim milk. If you think that the foods that you eat don’t have adequate supply of calcium, you can resort to supplements.
* Keep your weight within the desirable range. Make sure you balance your energy or calorie intake with your energy expenditure. In order to achieve this, you will have to exercise regularly and continue your balanced healthy diet.
* If possible, get your needed vitamins and minerals from your daily diet and not from supplements. Supplements can supply you with various vitamins but they can never replace a healthy diet.
* Drink alcholic beverages in moderation. An excess in alcohol consumption not only cause arrays of health problems, but it can also add up to the calories without supplying your body with any nutrients. It is believed that partaking of wine could have some health benefits.
Now, with these things in mind, for sure you will be able to develop a Balanced Healthy Diet that is right for you.